Monday, August 31, 2009

Inspiration for Writers

I was running this morning and Edwin McCain's song "I'll Be" came on my Ipod. I've loved this song since I first heard it and the reason is not only the haunting melody, but the languishing lyrics.

The few simple words in the very first line make me melt - everytime I hear them. The songwriter blends the perfect combination of vivid description with evocative emotion that forces me to listen and pause. I yearn for someone to say those words to me...aside from ma'am of course.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful, stop me and steal my breath..."

1 comment:

  1. Count me as inspired -- to run, not walk to my own iPod for a quick listen (or 3) of "I'll Be." Truly a mood-altering song. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete