Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm Struggling

It’s the summer. August and hot. Typically this time of year, business is slow. School hasn’t started yet and folks are wrapping up their vacations. It’s reunion time -- kick back and relaxin’ time.

Mentally, I’ve been on vacation too. And it’s even worse this week because EVERYONE is home; my husband and BOTH kids. My only solace is that I know come Monday, I will be up at six a.m. with hundreds of “to-dos” flooding my brain, but right now; today, the sun is shining, the palm trees are blowing and the reflection of the cool blue pool is beckoning me near. The truth be told, the thought of wearing a bikini all day is mighty appealing.

So needless to say I have been less productive than I like. Simple tasks take me days to accomplish. And this disturbs me. Greatly. I feel sluggish. Slovenly. And while I hate this feeling, I have no motivation to change it…yet.

So as I force myself to sit here and do something, anything, my mind is on meeting my friend for dinner, sharing a great bottle of wine and catching up on our lives.

“Come Monday. (At least I’m hoping) It’ll be all right.” Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment