Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Leap of Faith

This morning I mistakenly shut off the outdoor lights, one of which streams into my living room and illuminates enough of my house that even in the darkest of nights I can see. So there I was left to navigate through my house in the pitch black as if I were suddenly blind.

I could have turned on the lights again, but I was going upstairs and figured why bother, save the electricity and do my small part to save the planet.

What I was left with then, was to take a leap of faith. Walk up the stairs by feel (with a glass of juice in one hand and a cup of decaf in the other) running my arms against the railing and my feet feeling for each step before the landing. Once at the top I had to find my way to my office. I knew in front of me was a giant low train table that if I plowed into would hurt, so cautiously I stepped toward it bumped instead of plowed into and slid on by, making it injury free to write this.

And I realized life is a journey that sometimes requires a leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment