Thursday, August 25, 2011

Finally ME Time


In my effort to write once a day for ten minutes, I have been frustrated that I can’t sit down at the same time of the day. However, it occurred to me through my work that the key to success is to be adaptable. So I am here instead of in my pjs in the dark before the dawn, fully dressed for work with the light streaming into my quiet house because everyone has been sent on their way.

This morning, running through my mind are a multitude of thoughts. There is a hurricane coming, thought to hit us earlier, that is now making her way up the East Coast. I wonder about all the people I know up there and how they are going to fare.

I am grateful. Always. I never forget to be grateful. But today, despite the hurricane not coming here, I am always most grateful that we all have our health. I have been dieting and exercising as of late. Yesterday, I stretched. I have not been very physically fit for a few weeks, and definitely slacked over the past few months since I have a job now out of the house. The stretching felt so good. And today as a result, I am a bit stiff, but it’s a good stiff. I can’t wait to do more.

I am also wondering about people I heard about recently and how human nature works. A woman who was a nurse or doctor’s assistant married the doctor who of course left his wife to do so. They have oodles of money, kids go to private schools, colleges of their choosing and now they are traveling this year. Globetrotting essentially. Israel, Europe, all over the U.S. and I hear the woman is still wanting. What could she possibly want you ask as I did naively? Better sex.

So I ask myself, and you? Is that the bottom line? Is having great sex the bottom line to happiness? I wonder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment