Monday, September 14, 2009

My First Twine-Up


I've been into Twitter big time for about six months now. So much so I have heard complaints that maybe I spend too much time there. I defend myself by offering that others watch hours of mindless TV and at least I'm interacting with people, but it seems the jury is still out on whether or not I could be more productive with my time. Regardless, I've learned a lot about interpersonal communication and netiquette or the lack there of. And on Twitter I really have met a very interesting and ecclectic cross section of people around the country and even the world. Meeting new people and making new friends are areas in my life that I had cordoned off for some reason and decidedly missed. I vowed for 2009 to change that and here, finally, is proof.

I attended my first Twitter event. It was a wine tasting hosted by Matt Horbund @mmwine at a fabulous restaurant called Himmarshee on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. Pictured are my husband Alan, me aka @reddywriting on Twitter and my friends Freda and Carol. I c0nnected with a dozen people I speak with regularly and had a really fun time. I look forward to the next one and count myself very fortunate to have made new friends live and in the flesh despite the fact that we began virtually.

1 comment:

  1. Twitter has some amazing capabilities such as bringing people together and having a great time. Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete